May 22, 2010

The Beginning of Creation in 2009

This photo represents a lot of beginnings.  While it is the ending, as far as being stitched, of my designs called Creation, a lot more came after.

Just the stitching took 8 months ans that was because I wasn't working from a pattern, other than some little bits for ideas on certain motifs.  The process which began in February 2009 on a nearly full yard of raw linen, ended in December after I finally trimmed the right side and mounted the linen on stretcher bars to my brand new Ks Stitching Stand.

Then a friend saw the completed piece and insisted I share with others, so the charting process began. I have a whole lot more admiration for those who chart off of antique samplers hanging in museum walls.  There was/is no easy way! After weeks of struggle, the process was complete, the chart built and formatted and my new design company,  Tempting Tangles, was born.

Deb in Idaho

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. Deb

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.