Mar 13, 2011

A Snip of the JCS Halloween Design

I've finally finished the designing and stitching of the second ornament for Just Cross Stitch.  This is a snippet of Scarecrow's Jack-o-Lantern - the rest of this design is a big secret!

This little design is  stitched on 32ct linen, with Crescent Colours cotton threads.  I did some blending of two colors for some neat effects on  Mr. Scarecrow.  You will see more in the magazine!!

Meantime, I will go back to working on Panoply of Peacocks with the gorgeous Crescent Colours. I will post a WIP soon!  While I stitch, I am open to inspiration and my next will be something marvelous using the spectacular colors and variegateds of Dinky Dyes silks.  I was amazed at the variety of these cheery colors.  Oh, dear, how to sort these?  I even found some that reminded me for all the world of those twisted, colorful peppermint sticks.  

Keep watching :-)

2 comments:

  1. I love his smiling face! The bird is cute, too. I can't wait to see what you come up with next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful it is!!! I can't wait to see the rest :)

    ~Narita
    http://thetwilightthread.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. Deb

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.