Apr 25, 2011

Panoply of Peacocks - WIP

Panoply of Peacocks in progress!
I am showing you all a picture of the fishing line I am using to grid now.  The fabric for Panoply of Peacocks is 26 ct evenweave, and at the time I began, I could find only 6lb line locally, ($7) on a huge spool nearly a mile long.  It is ok for this count fabric, but I wish it was a little thinner.  So I went ahead and ordered a couple of smaller spools of  4lb - around $5 each - from Amazon.  



 There is enough to last a LONG time, (300 yards), and I can and will reuse the lengths I've cut and will reweave thru my fabric for the next design.
When the time comes to stitch on something finer - such as 30 to  32 count, the 4lb red line will be perfect. I am happy to say this method is working beautifully, is very inexpensive, and cannot be pierced with my needle.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is the Peacock pattern still available? It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, this design is definitely available, Camilyn. If your local needlework shop does not carry Tempting Tangles designs, you can ask if they will please order this design – either thru Hoffman Distributing or Norden Crafts. They will be familiar with those distributors. If they will not do that for some reason, you can Google the name and find it at many online shops. An example is www.123stitch.com and http://www.abcstitch.com/ Those online stores do carry my designs. If you have any trouble, please let me know. My email is temptingtangles@gmail.com

    Thanks so much for inquiring!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. Deb

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.