Aug 26, 2011

Creating Creation - Revisited





I’ve had many stitchers write to ask me how I came up with the idea of Creation with its swirly clouds, dramatic sunrise, and quirky little creatures dancing at the bottom of the deep blue sea. 

I posted this story of the stitching and designing process nearly a year after I began Creation - in February 2009.  In those days,  my site was a simple blog set up more for my own pleasure than business, but has since then been converted to a regular website for my Tempting Tangles business.  Since that original post, I charted my stitched work, not an easy task.  It took several months, in fact. I now have even greater admiration for those who chart antique needlework found in museums.

I want to assure those who say they don't have the skill levels to accomplish this work, to please DO NOT worry.  The key I firmly keep in my mind when stitching any design with an "old" look, is this:  You WANT this to look like an antique. This design is intended to look like it was stitched by an ordinary person, one who was not perfect, but whose goals were very high. The resulting stitched work will reflect a great love of needlework, of design, form and color.  It will be gorgeous when you are done, no matter your skill level.  There are 5 pages of instructions to help you, plus the chart sections and close-ups, but in the end, however you stitch this piece,  "Creation" will be yours, and different from any version created by another stitcher.


  In spite of the changes to my first website, you can still find the story of Creating Creation in the archives of www.temptingtangles.com if you go to the search tool and enter “Creating Creation”.  Anyway, again, here is the story  (just click on the link) which began upon a chilly February morning in 2009, and is still continuing in the hands of stitchers all over the world, as they make Creation their very own masterpiece.  

Deb




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. Deb

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.