Jan 2, 2012

Two more designs for this New Year!

Too many things, so little time!  My wonderful model stitcher, Helen, completed Coffee Compendium.   In addition, I completed a smaller design, a mate to Tea Time, called Classic coffee Break.  You can see both on my main website site  http://www.temptingtangles.com/ , all ready to go to shops a little later this month!
















Another I finished last month is this little Tree Top Birth Sampler is 162 x 161, basically square. I designed it at the request of another of my model stitchers who adores baby monkeys, and had an upcoming grandchild.  I created one for her, but since then have made a few changes.  This design uses Sullivan's cotton floss, is stitched on Weeks Dye Works linen, "Tin Roof".  I used 40 count and stitched over 2, so can sincerely say thank goodness for the magnifier on my Daylight lamp!   This  will be released in February - so if you have any babies on the way, or any new babies who need their very own sampler, this might be the sampler for you!


In addition, I made great headway on The Only Gift, a design that would work beautifully for any occasion, but certainly has a Christmas feel to it.  




The only Gift 141x181
In fact, I won't be releasing this revised version until later in the year so look for it in the fall.  I decided to give it a rustic look, so am using 2 strands of Gentle Art floss over 1 thread of 20 ct Weeks Dye Works "Putty".  I love their newest color,  Otter Creek - the leaves vary from a forest green, to a soft, blue grey green to a  slightly muddy brown green. It's really well named and gives the look I like with this rustic fabric.  It would be interesting to see this stitched on a smoother fabric at perhaps 36-40 count. over 2.  There are satin stitch diamonds in the corners and open herringbone borders, lots of variety in texture and LOTS of little leaves with curly stems and red berries.  


1 comment:

  1. Hi Deb - Wanted to ask when our newest chart will be available and how much it will be. I haven't been stitching lately -- and now it's spring and I have a lot of yard to take care of before my time is my own. Also working on income taxes, trying to get those out as well. Let me know about the release date and the price....It might be a good way for me to get back to stitching again. Hope you are doing well. Cathy Caldwell

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. Deb

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.