Dec 1, 2015

Tea, Crumpets and Turkeys

I surely had not intended to post another thing about turkeys, at least not for a while, but I simply must.  You see, as a complete surprise to me, I have apparently released a design on this very day.  Don't ask how this happened, but.... it did.
If you want to see just what I released go see it for yourself.  Hop over to my main site = new design
 
You will notice that what you see here and there, both, all ties together!  The colors, that is, they all tie together, not the subject matter.  Now, if you recall, I discussed the colors of turkey feathers a while back, but I might not have mentioned some have blue heads (Yes!!)  The colors are magnificent. In fact, you can see the Magnificent Nine who came to visit one summer day. 
Also, there are a few other shots to give you the idea of inspirational sources.  

 
Colors are everywhere and often, the most simple of natural things trigger an idea. In the case of the turkeys, it became the idea for a checkered copper tea kettle and a few other little doo-dads, all stitched in those same feathery shades and tones.  Teals, rust and coppers, browns....   Now do you see the source of my designing madness?  Nature, pure and simple.
 
 These unusual birds started it all.  I've not seen them since that fateful summer of 2014 when first they flashed their feathers at me and gobbled down my garden walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. Deb

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.