Apr 16, 2016

Complete Change of Venue



Once I got most of the flowery border with the dark brown touches done on the corner, I realized it made me  think of a very fancy birthday cake!  So I decided it had to change.  It was way too "foofy" for my thoughtful little giraffe. 



As you can see, I have ripped it all out – again – and started a pattern with a more  jungle-y look.  It seems that this is how it goes for designers. 
I've been amazed at how well this WDW this fabric (35 ct) has stood up under all that repeated frogging!
Now I've begun to use "Evergreen", a darker floss on the leafy border. As much as I love "Acacia", (Dinky Dyes) but it disappeared in places, right into the bluish grey -greenDolphin fabric.  So now I'm going use the darker floss and continue.  More to come!




2 comments:

  1. I love your process......Can't wait to see the finished piece...
    Arlene Harris

    ReplyDelete
  2. That fabric is amazing to have put up with all the removing of stitches....still anxiously awaiting the finish!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. Deb

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.